Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The International Wildlife Museum

Nick is really enjoying his new job and one of the perks is that their schedule is set up to have every other Friday off so we have been traveling up to Queen Creek to see our family a lot and we have been doing some fun things around town.

One weekend we went to the International Wildlife Museum. It is a small museum filled with all sorts of preserved/stuffed animals, kind of like a taxidermy zoo. There were some neat animals and Makell had a good time so it was a day well spent in my book. Here's a peek at what we saw.

Despite what you may think, this is an insect, not a leaf. I loved all the bugs that are super camouflaged. I just couldn't get over how much they looked like leaves and sticks. Makell, however, was not a fan of the bug room. 
 She also was not so sure about this wild boar
 This is a centaur skeleton that according to the plaque is not fake, but was found whole somewhere. I was kind of confused about that cause I though these things only existed in Greek mythology. Hmm.... It was cool to see though!
 Giraffes are HUGE! (especially compared to our little stinker)
 This face cracks me up!
 We are pretty sure this woolly mammoth was a replica. I wanted to believe it was real but Nick didn't think so. :)

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Yay for blog posts. I'm jealous you've been doing all these fun things! I guess you found some things to occupy your time. :-) (Love the new blog look too!)