Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Jaimee's Big Owie

Two weeks ago we went to the county fair with some friends and bought tickets to the Monster Truck Rally. After about an hour, Makell and I were done watching so I decided to take her to the animal petting area. As I go to leave, Nick says, "Don't fall." I say "I won't" and just as I step off the bleachers on to the ground, I roll my ankle off my flip flop and fall, just like I said I wouldn't. Some nice gentleman that saw me fall went to get the paramedics (really?, yes really). They came and checked it out, told me it wasn't broken, probably just sprained and asked me if I wanted a ride to the hospital. I said for sure no, but since I did need to go to the doctor cause I couldn't walk, I made my nice friends leave the fair early, take me to the doctor and stay home with Makell (thanks Hanna's!). Turns out I sprained it pretty bad; it's still swollen and still hurts but I can at least walk without limping now (yeah!) Enjoy the pictures!

I would also like to thank my brothers, Chris and Brock, for their expert medical advice and sympathy. I love brothers! :)

The inital swelling


A week after the incident
Swelling

Bruising

4 comments:

Jenna said...

SHUT UP! I didn't know you did that. Poor thing. How hideous :-) Hope you're feeling better. Love you!

Unknown said...

Did you ever get your brace? Talk about Dejaveu (still cant spell). hope your feeling better love ya! So I know how Nick is and how much he loves you so I am assuming you got breakfast, lunch, and dinner in bed (even if it was take out:])...Brock

Debbie said...

Oh baby - that was really deformed. Don't do that again!!

chris+amber said...

EW...that made my stomach churn. I know it hurts because I have sprained both of my ankles before, but NOT AS BAD as you! Poor thing. I hope you're feeling better! Miss ya.